Art Gallery Openings and Exhibitions and Events in NYC
January - December 2001
- January Mark Lerer Drawings by Mark Lerer are on exhibit in the Solo Room at Nexus Gallery. The Nexus Gallery is located at 345 East 2nd thru January 27th, 2001 - 12th Street, NYC. RECEPTION: Thursday, January 4th from 6 to 8 pm.
- January 30th thru February 24th, 2001 - Jessica Mieles Crimes of the Art, paintings by Jessica Mieles delving into the world of crime will be exhibited in the Solo Room at Nexus Gallery. The paintings explore sex, death, and degradation - and that's just the comedy relief. The Nexus Gallery is located at 345 East 12th Street, NYC. RECEPTION: Thursday, February 1st from 6 to 8 pm.
- January 9th thru February 18th, 2001 - Myron Heise will be showing "Country Days - City Nights" at the West Valley Art Museum, 17420 North Avenue of the Arts, Surprise (Phoenix) AZ 85374. RECEPTION: Sunday, January 28th from 1-4 pm.
- February 20th thru March 11th - Claire Clark are showing "Paintings and Sculpture" at the Noho Gallery - Burr Artists member exhibition, at 168 Mercer Street, NYC. Gallery Hours: Tues thru Sun from 11am to 6pm. RECEPTION: Saturday, February 24th from 2 pm to 5 pm. Phone: 219-2210.
- February 15th, 2001 - Watson will be showing sculpture in a "City Rhythms", an exhibition of paintings and sculpture at the Pelham Art Center, 155 Fifth Avenue, Pelham NY. RECEPTION: Thursday, February 15th from 6:30-8pm.
- February 20th - March 10th, 2001 - Joy Walker will have a one person show "Large Watercolors of 1974" " at 55 Mercer Gallery. Gallery Hours: Tues thru Sat from 10am to 6pm. RECEPTION: Tuesday, February 20th from 6-8pm.
- March 3rd thru May 5th, 2001 - Annual Show 2001 - at the Society of Illustrators on East 63rd Street at Lexington Avenue in NYC. Editorial and Book Categories: March 3 - March 31, 2001 with Gala: Friday, March 2, 2001. Advertising and Institutional Categories: April 7 - May 5, 2001 with Gala: Friday. April 6, 2001.
- March 16th thru April 16th, 2001 - Expressions of Light - Paintings and Drawings in the Skylight Gallery, at the historic Cedar. RECEPTION: Saturday, March 24, 2001 from 4 to 6 pm.
- March 17th thru April 22nd, 2001 - The 5th Annual Loft Pioneer Show will be showing at The Puffin Room, 435 Broome Street, NYC 10013. RECEPTION: March 17 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Telephone: 343-2881
- March 27th thru April 21st, 2001 - Alice Grisant will be showing paintings in "JOURNEY WITHIN", at the Nexus Gallery, 345 East 12th Street, NYC 10003. RECEPTION: March 29 from 6 to 8pm. Telephone: 982-4712
- April 13th thru April 24th, 2001 - The Modern Painters & Sculptors will be having their annual show at the Cork Gallery, at Lincoln Center, in Avery Fisher Hall, at 65th Street & Broadway, NYC. Work can be seen by Ronald De Nota. RECEPTION: Friday, April 10th from 6:00 to 8:30 pm.
- May 11th thru May 13 th, 2001 - Open Studios at 515 Greenwich Street features 30 artists all media. Current artists: Ronnie DeNota in Studio 413 and George A. Rada, and J. Rada in Studio 314. Location: 515 Greenwich Street corner of Spring Street, 2 blocks from the Hudson River. The studios will be open from Friday, May 11th from 6 to 9 pm thru Saturday and Sunday, May 12th and 13th from 1 to 6 pm. RECEPTION: Friday, May 11th from 6 to 9 pm.
- May 1st thru December, 2001 - Elinore Schnurr was recently featured in Painting the Town: Cityscapes of New York, a book of paintings from the collection of the Museum of the City of New York, edited by Jan Seidler Ramirez and published by Yale University Press. The accompanying exhibition Painting the Town is currently at the Museum of the City of New York and will be on view until December 2002. It includes Schnurr's painting, Katz's Deli, 1991. Elinore Schnurr will participate in Art Frenzy, an art, music and performance event in Western Queens. OPEN STUDIO: Elinore's studio at 10-09 50th Avenue in Long Island City will be open 11 a.m. - 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, during the weekend of May 19 - 20.
- May 13th thru July, 2001 - Simon Gone will be showing sculpture at Yeshiva University Museum, "In Search of Ancestors", at 15 West 16th Street, NYC. RECEPTION: Sunday, May 13th from 11am to 1 pm
- May 13th thru July, 2001 - Morgan Tylor will be showing Recent Work at the Blue Mountain Gallery, at 530 West 25th Street, 4th Floor, NYC. Gallery hours: Tuesday thru Saturday 11 to 6 pm. RECEPTION: Thursday, May 17th from 5 to 8 pm.
- May 22nd - June 16th, 2001 - The Power of the Seen, Twelve Realist Painters at the Painting Center, 52 Greene Street, NYC 10001. RECEPTION: Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 6 to 8pm.
- June 15th thru June 29th, 2001 - J. Rada has work on view at the National Society of Painters in Casein and Acrylic at the Salmagundi Club, located at 47 Fifth Avenue, NYC.
- June 2nd thru June 24th, 2001 - Larger Than Life - 90 American Masterpieces, rotated through a 4 month exhibition, at the Center for Figurative Painting, 115 West 30th Street, Suite 202, NYC 10001. RECEPTION: Saturday, May 12, 2001 - 7 to 9pm.
- June 2nd thru July 8th, 2001 - Eclectic parallel visions of inner and outer perception at Westbeth Gallery, 155 Bank Street, NYC 10014. RECEPTION: Saturday, June 2, 2001 - 5 to 8pm. Gallery Hours: Thurs Sunday, 1 PM - 6 PM. Poetry Reading: Sunday, June 24th, 2001 - 4 to 6 PM Painting Between Impressionism and Expressionism Joining to read about their visions of art, poetry (and life) are the poets Sparrow, Bruce Weber, Bob Dickerson, Ron Price, Lee Klein, Steve Dalachinsky, Yuko Otomo, Saurah Litzky, Joanne Pagano Weber, Thad Rutkowski, Elena Sigman and Susan Maurer.
- July 2nd thru July 27th, 2001 - THE STREET PAINTERS, Myron Heise, Ronald DeNota, and Peter Schwarzburg, will be having their Upcoming Exhibition of Paintings at The Art Students League of NY, Second Floor - Gallery, 215 West 57th Street, NYC 10019. PANEL DISCUSSION: Monday, July 9, 2001 - 7 - 9 pm; RECEPTION: Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 7 - 8:30 pm. On View: Monday-Thursdays: 9am - 8:30pm, Friday: 9am - 4pm, Closed: Saturday & Sunday.
- July 3rd thru July 21st, 2001 - A Celebration of Possiblities, George A. Rada, will be showing work in Salon I at The Broome Street Gallery, 498 BroomeStreet, NYC 10019. RECEPTION: Saturday, July 7, 2001 - 5-7 pm. On View: Daily - 11 to 6 pm.
- July 20th thru October 22nd, 2001 - In 1949 Robert Motherwell coined the term New York School for postwar American artists who abandoned representational painting for abstract forms, shifting the art world's focus from Paris to New York. An exhibition of the New York School is currently running until October 22, 2001, at the Norton Simon Museum in Los Angeles. On view in "The Chromatic Eye: New York Paintings and Prints from the 1960s" will be 45 works by four artists who knew and influenced one another: Helen Frankenthaler, Ellsworth Kelly, Kenneth Noland, and Frank Stella.
- September 11th thru September 29th, 2001 - Alice Grisant, Mark Lerer, and Lee Muslin will be showing in "Petite Treasures", at the Nexus Gallery, 345 East 12th Street, NYC. This is a special small works exhibit. All works are priced at $300 or less. Gallery Hours: Tuest-Sat from 12-7 pm. RECEPTION: Saturday, September 8, 2001 from 2-4 pm.
- September 27th thru September 30th, 2001 - is showing work at her Open Studio, at 6 Center Market Place in Soho, NYC, located 2 streets east of Lafayette near Broome Street. RECEPTION: Thursday thru Sunday, from 4-8 pm.
- October 1st thru November 30th, 2001 - Myron Heise exhibits new works at the Mark Miller Gallery, at 92 Orchard Street, Soho, NYC. RECEPTION: Thursday, October 11, 2001 from 6-9 pm.
- October 5th thru October 20th, 2001 - A 57 year collaboration - an evolution come full circle. Ronald De Nota, Myron Heise, and Peter Schwarzburg will be showing work at The Federation of Modern Painters and Sculptors in the Art Students League Gallery, at 215 West 57th Street. NYC 10019. Gallery Hours: Mon-Fri from 9-8:30 pm, Saturday 10-3pm, Sunday 1-4pm. Tel: 212-247-4510. RECEPTION: Thursday, October 4, 2001 from 5-8 pm. PANEL DISCUSSION: with Dore Ashton and Will Barnet moderated by Ahmet Gursoy on Friday October 12, 2001 at 7pm in the Art Students League Gallery.
- October 17th thru November 19th, 2001 - Impressions of Brittany - A juried exhibition of works by students and faculty of the Pont-Aven School of Art in Brittany. This exhibition will be on view at the French Institute Alliance Francaise, located at 22 East 60th Street in La Galerie, NYC. Then a slide lection at 7:30 by Dr. Caroline Boyle-Turner, Art Historian - In the Footsteps of Gaughin; who will explore the rich history of a region that has attracted American and European artists since the late 1800s. RECEPTION: Wednesday, October 17th, 2001 at 6 pm in La Galerie.
- November 10th thru 11th, 2001 - $50 Drawing Sale at the Studio of Joy Walker, 341 13th Street, Brooklyn. Phone: 718-768-9720. Take the F train to Seventh Ave. Saturday and Sunday 1-6pm
- November 18th thru February 2002 - Ronald De Nota, Richard Rash, and Peter Schwarzburg are showing work at City Island Nautical Museum, 190 Fordham St., City Island, NY. Phone: 718-885-0008. RECEPTION: Sunday Nov 18, 1-5 pm. By subway: Take #6 Train to Pelham Bay Park stop. Then take the #BX29 bus to Fordham Street. By car: cross Bronx Expressway East (95) to Bruckner Expressway North (95) to City Island Avenue to Fordham Street.
- November 27 thru December 15, 2001 - Photography Exhibit of World Trade Center - Ground Zero, by photographers from the NY Post, Daily News, and Newsday, at the Bolivar Arellano Gallery, 420 East 9th Street, NYC.
- December 1 thru January 6, 2002 - The Puffin Room at 435 Broome Street, is featuring art works by the inimitable Tony "The Bricklayer" Perniciaro and Drawings and Masks by students from Kenya and South Africa, The Makuenji, Machakos & Kiboko Projects by Mark Scheflen. RECEPTION: Saturday December 1st from 6 to 8 pm - Annual Celebration of Human Right at the Puffin Room. Multicultural music, dance and performance. Event: Saturday Decemer 9th from 3 to 8 pm. Telephone: 212-343-2881.
- December 4 thru December 29, 2001 - Mark Lerer is showing new work at New Century Artists, 530 West 25th Street, 4th Floor, Chelsea, NYC 10001. New Members Show Hours: Tues thru Sat from 11 to 6 pm. RECEPTION: Saturday, December 8th from 3 to 6 pm. Telephone: 212-367-7072.
- December 20 thru January 12, 2002 - New Members Show - Part 1 - at the Blue Mountain Gallery, 530 West 25th Street, NYC 10001. RECEPTION: Thursday December 20th from 5 to 8 pm. Telephone: 646-486-4730.
- January 1 thru January 31, 2002 - Myron Heise shows his work Country Days/City Nights at the Littman and White Gallery, Portland State University, Portland OR. Tel: 503-725-5656.
- February 6th thru May 4th, 2002 - The Society of Illustrators will be having their Illustrators 44 Exhibition and Galas at 128 East 63rd Street, NYC 10021. Sequential: February 6 - 24.
|Reviews - Magazine - NY Artists - Press Releases|
Back to Top